Your Email Alarm List (including all technical data and Email Addresses (under the field/column "ExtraValue") can be downloaded as JSON using the the API URL
Important Note: This export includes a lot of technical data, most of which can be safely ignored (or deleted after exporting and converting). The important fields / columns for basic email alarms are:
|groupTitle||The name of the Area/Site that the alarm point is associated with|
|scriptTitle||The name of the Action Plan (if any) the alarm point is associated with|
||The unique database identifier of the alarm point - this allows you to sort the results to order it by the alarm point creation order (e.g. so you can quickly find the email addresses of your most recent alarm points)|
|title||The name of the Alarm Point|
|priority||The Priority of the alarm point|
|autoHandle||If the alarm point is set to be "Auto Handled" or not|
|extraValue||the Email Address of the Alarm Point|
To make this easier to work with, you can convert the JSON data into a CSV spreadsheet using jsongrid.com by following the steps below:
- Login to your SureView Response account
- If your account is in the US region go to: https://us.sureviewops.com/api/Responses/GetResponses?page=1&pageSize=1000&isEmailAlarms=true
your account is in the EU region go to: https://eu.sureviewops.com/api/Responses/GetResponses?page=1&pageSize=1000&isEmailAlarms=true
- Copy the results
In Firefox click "Copy"
in Chrome - select all with CTRL+A and press Ctrl+C to copy
- Go to https://jsongrid.com/json-grid and paste your results
- Press the Arrow to convert to a Grid
- Expand your data
- Click the table menu button then click "Export to CSV"
- Your email alarm points will now download as a CSV which you can open in your preferred spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets etc)
- Open the spreadsheet in Excel (or other spreadsheet software) and delete unnecessary columns to make it easier to work with. For basic Email Alarms we recommend that you delete all columns except the following:
groupTitle The name of the Area/Site that the alarm point is associated with scriptTitle The name of the Action Plan (if any) the alarm point is associated with responseID The unique database identifier of the alarm point - this allows you to sort the results to order it by the alarm point creation order (e.g. so you can quickly find the email addresses of your most recent alarm points) title The name of the Alarm Point priority The Priority of the alarm point autoHandle If the alarm point is set to be "Auto Handled" or not extraValue The Email Address of the Alarm Point
Tips & Tricks
How to sort by newest added alarms
In order to view the newest added alarms, you will need to modify the entries for your spreadsheet to display the entries ordered by the most recently added alarms (sorted by highest ResponseID). In order to help make this easier to read, you may remove all of the columns from the export, leaving only the "GroupTitle", "ResponseID", "Title" and "ExtraValue" columns.
With the newly displayed information, selecting the ResponseID column, clicking sort and setting this to sort alphabetically from Z-A will show the most recent entries in the database, to the oldest. Below is an example screenshot of how this can be done in Google Sheets.