Areas represent various levels of monitored zones. Structure can vary based on your preferences and complexity of the system. Areas can also be organized in a nested structure to allow for easy navigation and inherited permissions.
- Locate areas by clicking the Menu and then clicking Areas
- You can edit Areas by clicking the pencil to the right of each Area.
- While editing, you can also choose to delete the Area by clicking the button in the lower left corner of the window.
- Before you can delete an Area, you must first disable the area. Also, all Child Areas must be disabled and removed before the Parent Area can be removed.
- Adding an Area is done by clicking the button and filling in the required fields.
Area Management | Creating a New Area
An area can be a single building, a geographical location, or a campus of buildings. The amount of detail used in creating Areas will vary based on your needs. An example could be a University: ABC University would be the Global area with commercial buildings, dorms, and faculty buildings rounding out the Parent Areas. Once that is complete, you can create the different buildings that would populate the Global and Parent Areas.
Area Management | Title
Choose titles that easily define the Area. Take into account that searching through a large amount of Areas is done alphabetically. Use global prefixes sparingly (ABC - Dorm 01, ABC - Library, etc…) as it increases the amount of searching to find the correct entry in the system.
Area Management | Address
Setting the address for an Area is vital. This is what generates the map location for alarms raised in SureView Ops. As it relies on Google Maps, there are several methods for entering this data:
The actual street address will set the map location. This basically takes the logical address and displays it as best as possible on Google Maps.
General Area or location name
This can be any name identifiable in Google Maps including businesses, cities, states, and landmarks. It's not incredibly accurate since multiple locations could exist.
Latitude, Longitude information
For example: SureView Systems Tampa Office (27.947531, -82.458132) or, Washington Monument (38.889128, -77.035656)
This information can be retrieved in several different ways but the most accurate is to open Google Maps and place a pin on the precise location you want represented. You can then go into the details of the pin and copy the numbers
Area Management | Time Zone
Setting the proper timezone in SureView Ops is important in order to accurately display event information. Type in your time zone or choose it from from the drop-down menu.
Area Management | Parent Area
When creating Areas, you must select a Parent first; your selected Area becomes a sub-Area of it. Your Global or Tenancy Area is the first option, followed by any Parent Areas you have created. All Areas created in the system can be selected as a Parent allowing you to build your system with as much simplicity or detail as you need.
Area Management | Optional details
- Telephone & Alt. Telephone (If the Area listed has a general contact number or numbers)
- Telephone Fire (Local Fire department if relevant to the area)
- Telephone Police (Local Police department if relevant to the area)
- Summary (Any additional notes or information needed such as security, alarm companies, or hours of operation)