What is Two-Factor-Authentication?
Two-Factor-Authentication (also known as 2-Step verification) creates an extra layer of security for your account in case your password is stolen.
With Two-Factor-Authentication you'll need to sign in to your account using:
- Something you know (your password)
- Something you have (your Two-Factor-Authentication App or Device)
Sureview Operations uses two-factor authentication using the TOTP (Time-Based One-Time Password) algorithm for user logins.
What do I need?
You'll need an authentication application (usually on your mobile phone). Most OTP compliant applications are compatible with SureView Ops Logins, including but not limited to:
Google | Authy | Duo | AuthAnvil | 1Password | Lastpass | Salesforce | Microsoft | Sophos | Yubikey
Google | Authy | Duo | AuthAnvil | 1Password | Lastpass | Salesforce | Microsoft | Sophos | IBM | Yubikey
Microsoft | Duo | AuthAnvil
Do I need to use 2FA?
Yes. Two-Factor-Authentication adds an important layer of security to your user account and is therefore required for all SureView Ops' Users.
Setup: First Login
When you first login you will be prompted to set up your Two-Factor-Authentication method.
- Scan the QR code or manually enter the "Secret" into your 2FA app
- Enter the Code provided by your app and click "Verify Two-Factor-Authentication"
- Once verified you'll be prompted to login again with your code
Logging in using Two-factor-Authentication
Once you have completed the setup steps, you will now have to use the authenticator on every login. You will be shown the login page as usual and after you have entered your correct login information, you will be asked for an authentication code. Enter the code as it appears on your authenticator and select login.
Changing your Two Factor Authentication
- Log into the system
- Click the waffle menu
- Click 'My Account'
- Click Security in the left-hand menu and then Update Two Factor Authentication
- Enter your existing Two Factor Authentication code and click 'Remove Existing 2FA and Logout'. You will be prompted to set up a new Two Factor Account on your next login.
I no longer have access to my authenticator app and cannot login - what do I do?
Please contact our support team, we will be able to reset your Two-Factor-Authentication. You will require proof of identity.